Optimize your field education experience.
Format: Online, and On-site Field Placement
Duration: 7 weeks
Your enrollment in SOWK 8256 Advanced Social Work Field Education II will be concurrent with the second eight weeks of your field education placement.
In the preceding term, you collaborated with your agency field instructor to develop an all-in-one education plan. During this term, you will be able to review, update and revise this plan as unexpected learning opportunities present themselves.
Throughout this course, you will post bi-weekly logs to your field instructor. These logs will describe how what you have learned in coursework is being translated into practice. This exercise will allow you to get feedback about performance issues and concerns related to the development of your social work professional identity.
Through SOWK 8256, you will continue to gain a better understanding of topics specific to professional social work identity, values and ethics, diversity, human rights, social and economic justice, and cultural competence with emphasis on Hispanic families and children.
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct yourself accordingly.
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide your professional practice.
- Use critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
- Integrate diversity and difference in your social work practice.
- Participate in research-informed practice and practice-informed research.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment.
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice.
- Enter into policy practice to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services.
- Respond to contexts that shape your social work practice.
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Learn More About Helping Others
In SOWK 8256, you will address and receive feedback on concerns you have about issues you encounter during your field education experience. To learn more about this course or any other course in the online Master of Social Work from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions advisor right away, or you can request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.