Among the many considerations to take into account when choosing an institution for pursuing your online degree is its accreditation. A university's accreditation can have an impact on your career, and you want to make sure that impact is a positive one.
Our Lady of the Lake offers respected accreditation, which also applies to our online programs. Our Lady of the Lake University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees.
In addition, the University has received many esteemed rankings and recognitions:
- Ranked No. 6 Best Online College in Texas for 2017-2018 by AffordableCollegesOnline.org.
- Ranked No. 86 in Regional Universities West by U.S. News & World Report's 2018 Best Colleges Rankings.
- Ranked "Best Social Work Program" by U.S. News & World Report in the 2016 Best Grad Schools section.
- Ranked “Best Online Master of Social Work” program by College Choice.
- Ranked No. 2 among San Antonio universities for alumni giving rate, and among the top five for Regional Universities – West by U.S. News & World Report's 2018 Best Colleges Rankings.
- Ranked No. 4 in Texas among private Regional universities for the least amount of debt for graduates by U.S. News & World Report's 2018 Best Colleges Rankings.
- Ranked No. 15 for economic diversity among Regional Universities – West, and No. 4 among Texas universities in this group by U.S. News & World Report's 2018 Best Colleges Rankings.
- Ranked No. 40 for awarding need-based aid among Regional Universities – West by U.S. News & World Report's 2018 Best Colleges Rankings.
- OLLU has the highest proportion of classes with fewer than 20 students among San Antonio universities and is ranked No. 33 among Regional Universities – West by U.S. News & World Report's 2018 Best Colleges Rankings.
To learn more about accreditation, rankings, and what they can mean for your education, request more information or call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions advisor today.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Our Lady of the Lake University that fall under one of these areas: (1) to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
For other concerns or complaints, please contact the Vice-President of Student Life (campus life, student activities, etc), Vice-President of Academic Affairs (academic issues) or Director of Human Resources (employee issues).