When you enroll in an online program at Our Lady of the Lake University, you will be given access to a user-friendly, web-based online learning system. You will complete all your online coursework, turn in your assignments, and take your exams within that system.
Beyond your individual coursework requirements, you'll also be a part of lively discussion forums where students and professors ask questions, exchange ideas and discuss thoughts on the course material through online discussion forums and email. If you need additional help, professors are available by phone or email, offering you the same support and interaction on-campus students enjoy. When you study online at Our Lady of the Lake, you are part of a genuine learning community.
Just because you are an online student, it doesn’t mean that the level of personal attention you can expect will be any different from what you would find on campus. As an online student at Our Lady of the Lake University, you can take advantage of all the support services that are available to on-campus students. In addition, online students have access to a dedicated technical support line that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Hardware and Software Requirements
If you’re reading this on your own computer, you probably already have all or most of the equipment you need to take part in our online programs. Below are details about the hardware and software systems requirements to take online courses at Our Lady of the Lake University.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- 700 MHz Pentium III processor-equipped computer (Windows PC) or 500 MHz PowerPC-equipped Macintosh
- Sound card and speakers
- 256 MB of RAM
- 20 GB free hard drive space
- CD-ROM drive
- 56k modem with Internet access. High speed Internet access is recommended via a cable modem or DSL line
- Windows XP or later or Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office 2000 or later (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Email address
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 6.x or later (PC), Netscape 7.2 or later (PC), Mozilla Firefox (PC/Mac)
- or Safari 1.2 or later (Mac)
- Web browser should be updated with the latest plug-ins for Java, Shockwave and Adobe Flash
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later (Free Download)
- Virus protection software (McAfee/Norton Anti Virus or similar)
If you have any other questions about system requirements or online learning, please contact an admissions advisor at 855-275-1082 or request more information.