The healthcare industry is one of growth that weathers economic lulls, but growth comes in many forms.
Each person has different reasons why they want to work in the industry they’ve chosen. Healthcare continues to be a bigger part of society because of its stability and its growth in three main areas: new technology, home healthcare and competitive salaries. The infographic below illustrates this by the numbers.
By the Numbers: Reasons to Work in Healthcare
The variety of job specialties, global employment opportunities, technology advancements, serving others, and the reimbursement for educational advancement are just some of the many reasons work in the healthcare field. Among these perks, job stability remains one of the main reasons to join this growing industry.
Growth from the Demand in Technology
- The global Internet of Things (IoT)* in the healthcare market is growing due to the demand for advanced healthcare information systems.
- The goal IoT in the healthcare market accounted for about $24M revenue in 2014.
- It has a 37.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) expected growth rate during 2015–2020
*IoT Internet of Things how everyday objects have network connectivity, allowing people and machines to send and receive data.
Home Healthcare Growth
From $227.5 billion (USD) in 2015 to a projected $349.8 Billion (USD) in 2020, the home healthcare market is growing at a CAGR of 9%.
Healthcare occupations as a whole will grow 28% by 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Here are a few careers that show growth in the industry.
Administrative Service Manager
- Median Salary January 2016: $86,110
- Profession Growth by 2024: 10% | 23,500
Health Information Manager
- Median Salary May 2014: $89,000
- Profession Growth by 2024: 21% | 29,000
Hospital Chief Financial Officer
- Median Salary May 2015: $102,690
- Profession Growth by 2024: 6% | 147,000
- Median Salary January 2016: $89,320
- Profession Growth by 2024: 15% | 56,300
Whether you’re currently working or looking to advance your career, the healthcare industry is growing and a great place to start a career. Are you ready to start your path toward a career in this industry?