Advance Your Career and Make a Difference
Build versatile skills
Transition to management
- Get the credential you need. Pursue advanced practice roles and clinical positions that require an MSW.1
- Open doors to more opportunities. Diversify your skills and build marketable business competencies.
- Earn industry-recognized master’s degrees. This program is CSWE- and ACBSP-accredited, two distinctions employers look for.
The dual MSW/MBA program from Our Lady of the Lake University is designed for social work professionals with a BSW to pursue administrative and leadership roles.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to get additional information about this program.
Become a Leader in Social Services and Nonprofit Organizations
Social Services Director $57,141 per year2
Executive Director, Nonprofit Organization $67,936 per year3
Social and Community Service Manager $69,600 per year4
Medical and Health Services Manager $104,280 per year5
Public Relations and Fundraising Manager $118,430 per year6
Licensed Clinical Social Worker $59,339 per year7
Prepare for Social Work Licensure and Management-Level Careers
With the online dual MSW/MBA program from OLLU, you will develop the business and advanced social work expertise you need to take the next step in your career. You can pursue roles in various contexts, including social services organizations, government agencies, and non-profits.
The field experience and specialized coursework you complete in this program will also help you meet social work licensing exam requirements for advanced practice and clinical careers. In addition, becoming a leader in your field will position you to advance human rights and socio-economic justice.
- Jobs in social work are projected to grow 12% through 2030 – faster than the national average.1
- The median annual wage for management roles is $109,760.8
- A master’s degree in social work is required for many supervisory, clinical, and specialty practice roles.
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
- Leadership skills for roles in state government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private practice
- Ethical principles to guide professional social work practice
- Strategies to engage diversity and difference in practice and advance human rights and socio-economic justice
- Human behavior and the social environment
- Specialized intervention in direct practice with Hispanic/Latino children and families
- Engagement, assessment, intervention, and evaluation of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- The functional areas of business, including accounting, finance, management, marketing, and integrative relationships
- How to formulate solutions for complex global business problems
Skills You’ll Gain
- Public policy
- Critical thinking
Career Planning and Assessment
OLLU’s Center for Career Development and Testing (CCDT) is committed to supporting you in your spiritual, personal, academic and professional growth.
We offer testing, assessment, certification and professional development in accordance with the National College Testing Association’s (NCTA) professional and ethical guidelines.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Social Workers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/social-workers.htm.
- Payscale.com. Average Social Services Director Salary. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Social_Services_Director/Salary.
- Payscale.com. Average Executive Director, Non-Profit Organization Salary. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Executive_Director%2C_Non-Profit_Organization/Salary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Social and Community Service Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and-community-service-managers.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Medical and Health Services Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Public Relations and Fundraising Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/public-relations-managers.htm.
- Payscale.com. Average Licensed Clinical Social Worker Salary. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Licensed_Clinical_Social_Worker_(LCSW)/Salary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Management Occupations. Retrieved October 12, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm.