Duration: 7 weeks
Get an overview of potential issues and problems in the supply chain and operations management functions. You will learn about strategy, quality management, just-in-time and process improvement management, customer and supplier relations, forecasting and supply chain measurement and benchmarking.
Coursework is designed for engagement and collaboration. Here is an example of just some of the assignments and projects you will complete as part of MGMT 8347.
- Propose and create a project plan for a current work-related project.
- Write a final research paper on the key tenets of global supply chain management.
Throughout each week in the MGMT 8347 course, you will focus on a core topic or theme. Sample topics are listed below and are subject to change based on the instructor.
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Quality Management
- Process Design and Service Design
- Process and Technology
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Strategy and Design
- Resource Planning, Lean Systems and Scheduling
- Global Supply Chain Procurement and Distribution
Upon completion of MGMT 8347 students will be able to:
- Describe the essential components to operations management (operational decision-making, quality management, statistical controls, product design, service design, technology, human resources, and project management).
- Discuss the essential components of supply chain management strategy and design (global supply chain procurement and distribution, forecasting, inventory management, sales and operations planning, and resource planning).
- Summarize the importance of Lean Systems to various industries and service companies.
- Analyze Total Quality Management (TQM) and its application to operations management and supply chain management.
- Apply critical thinking skills in accessing operations management and supply chain management issues and decision-making processes.
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.