Duration: 7 weeks
This course focuses on key concepts and methods essential for entrepreneurs. Topics covered include the elements of new venture initiation as well as strategies for small and growing organizations. You will prepare a business plan for an entrepreneurial venture of your choice — possibly for a new venture you are considering.
Coursework is designed for engagement and collaboration. Here is an example of just some of the assignments and projects you will complete as part of MGMT 8315.
- Read various case studies and submit written reviews.
- Discuss entrepreneurship challenges with classmates.
Throughout each week of the course, you will focus on a core topic or theme. Sample topics from MGMT 8315 are listed below and are subject to change based on the instructor.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Resources and Business Model Development
- Strategies for Entrepreneurship
- Opportunity Theory and Marketing New Venture
- Venture Funding and Entrepreneurial Risk and Assessment
- Corporate Ventures and Business Climate
Upon completion of MGMT 8315 students will be able to:
- Describe the various problems encountered when gathering and analyzing information necessary in formulating a business plan.
- Explain the challenges entrepreneurs face and the strategies for dealing with these challenges.
- Define various entrepreneurial terms, concepts, and theories.
- List the resources available to help entrepreneurs start and grow their business.
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.