Discover opportunities for growth and advancement
The career outlook for professionals with an MBA is stronger than ever.
- Median base starting salary for MBA graduates in 2019 is at a record high of $115,0001
- 77% of U.S. companies reported plans to hire MBA graduates in 20191
- Highest median MBA starting salaries are in consulting ($135,000) and finance/accounting ($125,000)1
- MBA graduates earn more than double the average salary of workers holding only a bachelor's degree1
Two Unique Paths for Your Career
Further your business career with either of our MBA paths:
- With an MBA in Management, you'll learn the management theory, ethics and strategic concepts needed to lead an organization with a global reach. Courses include International Business Strategy, Corporate Finance, Supply Chain and Operations Management and Strategic Human Resources Management. The median salary for managers in professional, scientific, and technical services industries was $138,520 in May of 2018, while for chief executives it was $208,000.2 With an online MBA from OLLU, you'll graduate ready to pursue executive- and senior-level business career paths.
- The MBA in Healthcare Management prepares you for managing operations of a health services institution. This can include group medical practices, hospitals, outpatient clinics and other healthcare organizations. Courses include Healthcare Finance, Healthcare Laws and Ethics, Management of Healthcare Institutions and Healthcare Planning and Policy. In a field expected to grow 18 percent between 2018 and 2028, much faster than average, you'll enter the field as an in-demand leader.3
Take On a New Role
There are a number of new career titles that you're eligible for when you earn your Online Master of Business Administration, including:
CEO – Chief Executive Officer
- Oversee business strategies and procedures
- Lead management teams
- Manage all operations and forecast industry trends
CIO – Chief Information Officer
- Oversee the Information Technology department
- Execute business intelligence and analytics management
- Manage all technological procedures within an organization
CFO – Chief Financial Officer
- Oversee financial forecasting and modeling
- Perform risk evaluation
- Deliver financial reporting and analysis
- Implement efficient financial reporting and analysis
- Guide the cost analysis process
- Assess investment performance
- Develop marketing and sales goals
- Work with project management teams on deliverables
- Seek out opportunities for business growth
Connect With Your Peers
Join professional MBA organizations and enjoy networking with other MBA graduates. Professional organizations like the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA) give MBA professionals the opportunity to connect and collaborate on business and healthcare management goals.
Begin Right Now
Start earning your fast and affordable online MBA today. To learn more about what an online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University can do for your career, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information right away.
1Graduate Management Admission Council (2019 May). Business School Hiring Report. Corporate Recruiters Survey 2019. Retrieved on July 23, 2019, from https://www.gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac/research/employment-outlook/business-school-hiring-report_corporate-recruiters-survey-2019_may-2019.pdf.
2U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 June 18). Top Executives. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved on July 23, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/top-executives.htm#tab-5.
3U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Medical and Health Services Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved on October 4, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.