Assistant Professor, Counseling
Michelle R. Holcomb, Ph.D., CAI-II, LPC-S, is an Assistant Professor in the Counseling Department of Our Lady of the Lake University. She owns Hill Country Intervention and Counseling where she acts as a professional mental health therapist and interventionalist specializing in eating disorders, behavior disorders, substance abuse disorders, and sports performance issues.
Beyond almost 20 years of professional experience, Holcomb has served multiple advisory and executive boards at the state and local level including the Texas Counseling Association, the South Texas Counseling Association, and the Texas Counselors for Social Justice. Her research interests include resiliency, eating disorders in collegiate athletes, and sports performance.
Holcomb earned her Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from the University of Texas in San Antonio, her Master's of Education in Counseling from the University of Houston, and her Bachelor of Science from Angelo State University.
She is a proud wife and mother of two beautiful children, Shaelly Grace and Jack.
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- 2013–2014 TCA Distinguished Service Award
- 2012–2013 TCA Distinguished Service Award
- 2011–2012 TCA Distinguished Service Award
- 2010–2011 TCA Distinguished Service Award
- 2010–2011 TCA Educational Endowment Award
- 2005–2009 TCA Distinguished Service Award
- 2007–2008 South Texas Counseling Association's Outstanding Counselor of the Year