This course focuses on the international dimensions of strategy and organization. It provides a framework for formulating effective strategies in an increasingly complex world economy. Topics include the globalization of industries, the continuing role of country factors in competition, organization of multinational enterprises, building global networks and the changing nature of managerial tasks under globalization.
Coursework is designed for engagement and collaboration. Here is an example of just some of the assignments and projects you will complete as part of MGMT 8351.
- Research and argue your conclusions on a taxation topic that affects business and people.
- Discuss taxation topics in weekly discussions.
Throughout the course, each week focuses on a different topic or theme. Sample topics for MGMT 8351 are listed below and are subject to change based on the instructor.
- Strategic Management & Competitiveness, and the External Environment
- Internal Organization and Business Level Strategy
- Competitive Rivalry, Dynamics and Corporate Level Strategy
- Strategies: Merger, Acquisition and International
- Cooperative Strategy and Corporate Governance
- Organizational Structure, Controls and Strategic Leadership
Upon completion of MGMT 8351 students will be able to:
- Apply strategic management inputs.
- Apply strategic actions with strategy formulations.
- Synthesize and apply strategic actions with strategic implementation.
- Analyze and synthesize executive decision making from applications of cases, in real-life domains of decision making.
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.