In this course, you’ll examine the multifaceted role and responsibilities of the business owner, manager or leader — including strategic planning, power, communication, leadership, motivation, decision-making and control. You’ll learn about techniques and strategies that can help you make more effective and efficient decisions for your employees and the organization.
Coursework is designed for engagement and collaboration. Here is an example of just some of the assignments and projects you will complete as part of MKTG 8334.
- Pitch a product to a group of your classmates.
- Choose a product and work as a group to create branding and a marketing campaign for it.
Throughout each week of the course, you will focus on a core topic or theme. Sample topics are listed below and are subject to change based on the instructor.
- Making Smart Choices
- Defining Your Decision Problem
- Clarifying Decisions and Creating Better Alternatives
- Consequences and Risk Tolerance
- Trade-offs and Uncertainty
- Coordinating Current and Future Decisions
- Smart Choices, a Way of Life
Upon completion of MGMT 8334 students will be able to:
- Proactively analyze a decision problem, correctly define it, and articulate the expected outcomes of the decision.
- Create alternative decision options and describe how those options meet the objectives.
- Analyze the trade-offs involved in each decision option and make tough choices as a manager.
- Analyze your appetite for risk and the environment you are operating in while making a decision.
- Plan ahead to effectively coordinate current and future decisions.
- Explain how to avoid tricks your mind can play during decision-making and make smart and ethical choices a way of life.
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.