Learn about the international dimensions of strategy and organization and a framework for formulating effective strategies in an increasingly complex world. Topics include the globalization of industries, the continuing role of country factors in competition, organization of multinational enterprises, building global networks and the changing managerial tasks under conditions of globalization.
Coursework focuses on multinational business firms and the strategies employed to gain a competitive advantage in international markets. We will also discuss ethics and social responsibility in a global economy.
Coursework is designed for engagement and collaboration. Here is an example of just some of the assignments and projects you will complete as part of MGMT 8320.
- Discuss current topics in international business.
- Conduct case studies about various international business strategies.
Throughout each week of the course, you will focus on a core topic or theme. Sample topics for MGMT 8320 are listed below and are subject to change based on the instructor.
- International Business: Background and Comparative Environmental Frameworks
- Political, Legal and Economic Environments
- Globalization and Society: International Trade and Factor Mobility Theory
- Governmental Trade Influence: Cross-National Cooperation and Agreements
- Global Foreign-Exchange Markets
- International Business Strategy, Country Evaluation and Selection
- Export and Import Strategies and Direct Investment and Collaborative Strategies
- The Organization of International Business: Organization Culture and Strategy
Upon completion of MGMT 8320 students will be able to:
- Describe the history of International Business and the cause of globalization.
- Describe correctly the facets of Comparative Environmental Frameworks.
- Apply Theories and Institutional frameworks in Trade and Investment.
- Analyze World Financial Environment and determine Global Foreign-Exchange Markets and Rates.
- Solve Global Strategy, Structure, and Implementation problems in the international arena.
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.