As a social worker, one of your most important responsibilities will be supporting the health and well-being of children and their families. Our Lady of the Lake University has put together this comprehensive resource for anyone interested in becoming a part of this important field. A Social Worker’s Guide to Working with Children will help you understand the many facets of child welfare services and how best to serve and support children in need. Inside this free guide you will find answers to many important questions regarding child welfare, the role of the social worker, and the field of social work itself, including:
- What are the qualifications needed to become a social worker?
- What does a social worker do for children and their families?
- How do social workers support the adoption process?
- What are the signs of child abuse and child endangerment?
- Is there a difference between social workers and a counselors?
- What is the career outlook for social workers who specialize in working with children?
Download A Social Worker’s Guide to Working with Children and take the first step toward becoming a positive force in the lives of children and families in need.