Duration: 7 weeks
The healthcare environment today places increasing importance on the financial implications of both managerial and clinical decisions. This emphasis, in turn, has created a new need for financial skills among clinicians and managers. In this course, you will receive an overview of healthcare finance.
Coursework is designed for engagement and collaboration. Here is an example of just some of the assignments and projects you will complete as part of HCMG 7361.
- Use weekly learns to solve problems.
- Review articles and create presentations with your team.
Throughout each week of the course, you will focus on a core topic or theme. Sample topics from HCMG 7361 are listed below and are subject to change based on the instructor.
- Financial Environment and Reports
- Costs and Profit
- Pricing and Service Decisions, Planning and Budgeting
- Time Value and Risk and Return
- Debt and Financing
- Capital Budgeting
- Asset Management and Analyzing Financial Performance
- Case Study and Evaluations
Upon completion of HCMG 7361 students will be able to:
- Explain the theory and principles of healthcare finance, including accounting and financial management.
- Describe the unique features of the healthcare industry that affect the application of finance theory and principles.
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.