Duration: 7 weeks
In this class, you will analyze the global economy within the contemporary business environment. Coursework will focus on the key policy issues and major economic forces that affect business activity and the tools necessary to evaluate them. We will also explore the role played by the U.S. and world financial markets in influencing domestic and global economic environments.
Coursework is designed for engagement and collaboration. Here is an example of just some of the assignments and projects you will complete as part of ECON 8305.
- Work on two case studies of real-world global business challenges.
- Identify how global factors influence business and discuss them with your classmates.
Throughout each week of the course, you will focus on a core topic or theme. Sample topics from ECON 8305 are listed below and are subject to change based on the instructor.
- Management of Economics, Demand and Supply
- Demand Elasticity and Statistical Models
- Production and Cost Analysis
- Market Structure I
- Market Structure II
- Macroeconomics Variables
- Macroeconomics Models
- International Economics
Upon completion of ECON 8305 students will be able to:
- Evaluate markets and market structure for managerial decisions
- Determine the theoretical effects of macroeconomic events and fiscal and monetary policy
- Analyze and discuss current, past and possible future economic events
- Apply critical thinking about economic management decisions
- Communicate economic concepts orally and in writing
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.