Duration: 14 weeks
In this course, you’ll learn basic business concepts that will function as a foundation for understanding subsequent courses. If you have completed an undergraduate business degree within this last six years or meet certain other foundational requirements, you may be able to waive this refresher class.
In the seven modules that make up this course, you will learn to identify and explain basic theories of accounting, economics, finance, management, business law and quantitative business methods or statistics. You will also be learning from a subject matter expert in each module.
APA Training Module
Students will learn how to write and format according to APA (American Psychological Association) guidelines. Topics of study include:
- Major paper sections
- In-text citations
- Reference page structure
Learn about the principles of modern management in preparation for high-level supervisory positions. Topics of study include:
- Innovative management
- Managing ethics and social responsibility
- Understanding individual behavior
- Trends in quality and financial control
Learn about the principles and concepts of statistics and probability, including:
- Data analysis
- Elementary probability techniques such as sampling and hypothesis testing
Get a basic overview of accounting with coursework surrounding the accounting equation, including assets, liabilities, and equity accounts. Other topics include:
- Ten distinct steps of the accounting cycle
- Preparation of trial balance
- Posting from the general journal to the general ledger accounts
In this module, you will be introduced to financial institutions, investments and management. Highlights include:
- Various investment options
- Stocks and shareholders
Explore concepts and issues related to the creation and use of wealth. Coursework covers:
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Economic organization and analysis
- Stability and growth
- Fiscal and monetary policies
To learn more about this course, or other courses in the online MBA from Our Lady of the Lake University, call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.
The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as course and student needs change over time.