Get the advanced accounting expertise that organizations desperately need in today’s increasingly regulated financial environment. From record-keeping and reporting to critical decision making and planning, you’ll develop the skills and in-depth knowledge you need to make sure the books add up.
This 30-credit-hour online master’s degree in Accounting covers both accounting theory and business practices. Build your understanding of:
• Taxation issues for organizations
• Research methods
• Organizational management
• Accounting for nonprofits and government agencies
• The role of accounting in executive strategy and decision-making
• Professional ethics
You’ll learn from faculty members who combine proficiency in accounting theory with real-world experience, as well as classmates with their varying perspectives and ideas. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work with them face-to-face during two campus residencies.
Earn a credential recognized for its high quality: The online accounting degree from OLLU is nationally certified by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), an accrediting body that focuses on teaching excellence.
Once you complete the online master’s in Accounting at OLLU, you will be eligible to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam*, a credential that can open up even more career doors for you. You will also be eligible for other accounting certifications, such as Certified Management Accountant and Certified Internal Auditor.
Invest in your accounting career today. Request more information or call 855-275-1082 to speak with an admissions advisor.
* For students interested in qualifying for the CPA examination in Texas, you must have at a minimum of 30 semester hours that are upper division courses. At least 15 of these hours must result from physical attendance at classes meeting regularly on the campus of any transcript-issuing institution. Additional credit will not be given for repeated courses or coursework. In addition, student MUST be familiar with the other required upper division business course requirements or courses that are beyond those found in this degree. Please see the following link to the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy: https://www.tsbpa.state.tx.us
Students who do not reside in Texas and are interested in qualifying for the CPA examination MUST be familiar with the public accounting licensing laws in their state of residency, which may involve additional courses or requirements beyond those found in this degree. Please see the following link provided by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants http://www.aicpa.org/ADVOCACY/STATE/STATECONTACTINFO/Pages/StateContactInformation.aspx Additional information about becoming a CPA, including about the exam, can be found at: http://www.aicpa.org/BecomeACPA/Pages/BecomeaCPA.aspx